- Coding for a living is like getting to solve puzzles for a living. I love that.
- My first VP of Engineering told after only three months on the job that I just didn't seem "technical enough," and that I should consider a "people management" or product manager track instead. I hope he sees my entire career as a "fuck you" direct from me to him.
- Gotta keep a roof over my head.
- Prioritizing my health and work life balance over the last 14 months. It's easy to fall into a rut, especially at a desk job where you don't have to interact with people as much as many other professionals do.
- Taking time for myself.
- Coming out as nonbinary at work.
- Start treating nonbinary people as legitimate, rather than "woman-lite."
- Start including more WOC and nonbinary POC voices in leadership.
- Commit to pay transparency.
Classic DEV Post from Dec 8 '18