During these days I read some front-end developer job announcements and I realized that 90% of them ask for React's knowledge and the remaining 10% ask for knowledge of Vue.js.
In the past few months, I have worked for a project with Vue.js. I had never used it, but for a new project my boss asked me to learn it and I must say that today I know it very well. It's easy to learn, simple to use and easy to maintain a code! I immediately fell in love with Vue.js but I realize that it is the latest and companies are using React and Angular and have no intention of migrating to Vue.js.
So, to be in line with those positions, I decided to start learning React. I have already the component based logic in my mind, so I just have to learn how to put the pieces together.
I go to the tutorial section but their examples seem messed up, not for a beginner. I get upset and think "but why not use Vue.js?".
I look at it all and think again "but why not use Vue.js?" and the answer I gave myself is this "Companies want it!"
They taught me that the best way to learn something is to do it, so I decided to start developing a weather interface in different cities around the world.
I started from the basics:
npm install -g create-react-app create-react-app weather-UI npm start --o
Et voilà, React homepage in online on you localhost!
And here comes the real fun, build the various components, pass values from parent to child and vice versa, fetching the data from the REST API, build the interface with its CSS style, and so on!
In the end, what I have developed can you found here! I know it's not perfect, there are still a lot of things to do! For example, having the details hour by hour of the day, change the scenario of the header according to the selected day and other little things.
How about React? What difficulties did you find learning React? What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of this library?
Indulge in comments!😃
Cover photo by Fatos Bytyqi on Unsplash