- VS code
Postman is a collaboration platform and API (Application Programming Interface) development tool used to build, test, and document APIs. It allows users to make HTTP requests, view responses, and analyze API endpoints.
Postman has features like API Testing, API Documentation, Collaboration, Mock Servers, Monitoring, Environment Management, Collection Runner.
Recently, Postman VS Code extension was released. Now, you can develop and test your APIs in Postman straight from Visual Studio Code thanks to the Postman VS Code extension. To install Postman and use on VS Code :
- Go to extension on VS Code and Install Postman extension
Once you sign in, you can start sending requests
The Postman VS Code extension :
- simplifies the process of working with APIs.
- lets you easily create and send HTTP, WebSocket, and gRPC requests.
- allows you to manage collections and environments effortlessly
- import data with cURL commands
- create and send cookies with your requests.
It makes API development and testing straightforward, leading to improved efficiency and productivity in your workflow