By the end of this course, you will have a deep understanding of the concepts and a great overall big picture of how Docker is used in the whole software development process.
The course is a mix of animated theoretic explanations and hands-on demo’s to follow along, so you get your first hands-on experience with Docker and feel more confident using it in your projects.
The course is available here: 🤓
1. What is Docker?
- What is a container and what problems does it solve?
- Container repository - where do containers live?
- Application development - before/after container
- Application deployment - before/after container
2. What is a Container technically
- What is a container technically? (layers of images)
- Demo part (docker hub and run a docker container locally)
3. Docker vs Virtual Machine
4. Docker Installation
- Before Installing Docker - prerequisites
- Install docker on Mac
- Install docker on Windows
- Install docker on Linux
- Docker Toolbox for older Mac
- Docker Toolbox for older Windows
5. Main Docker Commands
- docker pull
- docker run
- docker ps
- docker run --options
- docker stop
- docker start
- docker ports, docker port mapping
6. Debugging a Container
- docker logs
- docker exec -it
7. Demo Project Overview - Docker in Practice (Nodejs App with MongoDB and MongoExpress UI)
8. Developing with Containers
- what we will do in this video
- 2nd part: MongoDB and Mongo Express Set-Up with Docker
- Docker Network concept and demo
- 3rd part: Connect Node Server with MongoDB container
9. Docker Compose - Running multiple services
- What is Docker Compose?
- docker run commands VS docker compose
- How to use it? - Create the Docker Compose File (Demo)
- Docker Networking in Docker Compose
10. Dockerfile - Building our own Docker Image
- What is a Dockerfile?
- How the Dockerfile commands map to the image environment
- Create the Dockerfile (Demo)
- Build an image out of the Dockerfile
- Start the Application to verify: 1) App starts successfully 2) App environment is configured correctly
- do improvement - copy only relevant files
11. Private Docker Repository - Pushing our built Docker Image into a private Registry on AWS
- Create a Private Repository on AWS ECR
- Login to AWS (docker login)
- Image Naming concept in Docker registries
- docker tag to include the repository name in the image name
- Push the Docker Image to the Private Repository
- Make some changes to the Application, rebuild and push a new version to your AWS repository
12. Deploy our containerized application
13. Docker Volumes - Persist data in Docker
- When do we need Docker Volumes?
- What is Docker Volumes?
- 3 Docker Volumes Types
- Docker Volumes in docker-compose file
14. Volumes Demo - Configure persistence for our demo project
► Get 30% off - with this code: UDEMY_NANA_NOV2020: Udemy course here
► Kubernetes 101: Compact and easy-to-read ebook bundle 🚀
It's a handy way to quickly look something up or refresh your knowledge at work and use it as your cheatsheet 😎
Like, share and follow me 😍 for more content: