This article describes the step-by-step process of registering an application with ServiceNow tenant & generating the Access token as well as configuring the account in webMethods.io Integration.
• User needs to have a working ServiceNow tenant.
• User needs to have working webMethods.io Integration tenant.
• Create & configure an App in ServiceNow tenant.
• Generating the Access_token & Refresh_token using the rest client.
• Configuring the ServiceNow account in webMethods.io Integration.
- Login in to ServiceNow Portel.
- Search for the “OAuth” in the search bar & choose the “Application Registry” option under the System OAuth.
- Register a new App, click “New” button.
- Choose Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients option.
- Fill the details like Name , redirect_url & other mandatory information as mentioned in the screenshot then click Submit.
- OAuth application is ready to use, we need to generate the authorization_code. To generate the code, user need to send the request call on the browser with below URL. https://.service-now.com/oauth_auth.do?response_type=code&redirect_uri=&client_id=&state=active
- After hiting the above url in the browser, user will get the prompt as mentioned in the screen shot, user needs to allow this by clicking on the ALlow.
- Code will appear in the browser search bar, copy the entire URL & take the code.
- Now, will use the POSTMAN client, to generate the access token. As mentioned in the below steps: - POST https://.service-now.com/oauth_token.do Body: x-www-form-urlencoded grant_type: authorization_code code: redirect_uri: App redirect_uri. client_id: generated at the time of app creation. client_secret: generated at the time of app creation.
- We will login to the webMethods.io tenant for making the connection of ServiceNow & chose the project.
- Choose the flowservice option & click + to make new flow.
- Choose the ServiceNow application version from the drop down.
- Choose the predefined operation from the drop down.
- Click the Account configuration icon & choose the Configure Accounts Option then choose OAuth V2.0.
- Fill the details mentioned on the page from the postman client & click Add.
- After successful connection, to run the integration click run button as mentioned below.
- Below are the results for the successful integration.
Top comments (0)