I just finished this curated list with handcrafted boilerplate code for developers to help them start their projects. I'm using constantly these starters, to kick off faster small projects coded in React, Vue, and Python. PHP is not present anymore in my development, but a few items were added just to have a complete list. The list will have a few items per category, in order to remain relevant for the audience.
Thank you! Content provided by App Generator.
In programming, boilerplate code is a piece of software that can be reused over and over without changing a single line of code. The whole idea behind a starter (sometimes boilerplate code) is to skip coding that piece of code common to many projects.
Datta Able is an open-source React Dashboard that provides a colorful and modern design. Datta Able React Free is the most stylised React Free Admin Template, around all other admin templates in the market. It comes with high feature-rich pages and components with fully developer-centric code. The product comes with a simple JWT authentication flow: login/register/logout.
Berry is a creative free React Dashboard build using the Material-UI by CodedThemes agency. It is meant to be the best User Experience with highly customizable feature-riched pages. It is a complete game-changer React Dashboard Template with easy and intuitive responsive design as on retina screens or laptops. The product comes with a simple JWT authentication flow: login/register/logout.
Reactstrap Admin Dashboard built for Nodejs - a fully coded “frontend + backend” solution (MERN stack). It is open-source, free and it features many components that can help you create amazing websites.
Full-Stack Boilerplate Code
UI-Ready web apps, coded with basic features (login, register) and backend.
- Flask Vuejs - Argon Design - Free, MIT License
- Laravel Vuejs - Argon Design - Free, MIT License
Express Vuejs - Argon Design - Free, MIT License
Flask React - Material Design - Free, MIT License
React Express - Material Design - Free, MIT License
Laravel React - Material Design - Free, MIT License
Flask Boilerplate Code
- Flask Dashboard Black - UI-Ready admin panel coded in Flask
- Flask Dashboard Light Blue design crafted by FlatLogic, coded by AppSeed
- Flask Dashboard Argon
- Cookiecutter Flask - a flask template with Bootstrap 4, asset bundling+minification with webpack, starter templates, and registration/authentication - sources
Nodejs Boilerplate Code
Nodejs Starter Hackathon - this Nodejs Boilerplate has more than 26k Github start and is equipped with many useful features like authentication, Bootstrap4 integration, SaaS support, modular and very easy to use - sources, live demo
Nodejs Starter Serverless is a Nodejs starter for the Serverless Framework with async/await and unit test support. The project is actively supported by Frank Wang with 450 Github stars. This starter got my attention mainly for the serverless concept, which is a raising concept in web development nowadays - sources
React Boilerplate Code
Vue Boilerplate Code
Nuxt.js - The Vue.js Framework - Nuxt.js presets all the configuration needed to make your development of a Vue.js application enjoyable. Nuxt.js can produce Universal, Single Page, and Static Generated Applications - sources
- Cookiecutter Django - A popular Django starter powered by Cookiecutter a command-line utility that creates projects from project templates.
- Django Hackathon Starter - A boilerplate application for Django web applications with more than 1.4k stars and ~= 272 Github forks
- Django Gentelella Template - A simple and popular Django starter with Gentelella UI Kit integrated.
- Django React Boilerplate - a popular Python starter that user React for UI and a decoupled (Django) backend
- Django Docker Boilerplate - a modern Django Rest starter with Redis, RabbitMQ and Celery integrated.
Laravel Boilerplate Code
This is an opened list, please suggest new starters in the comments.
- Boilerplate Code - Open-source Starters
- Nodejs Starter - Open-Source Boilerplate Code
- Boilerplate code - wikipedia page
- Boilerplate code - index provided by AppSeed
- Boilerplate code on Github - open-source boilerplates