At some point, in order to improve our skills, we read the documentation provided by the underline technology. In this article, I am trying to curate a list of the best tools used to generate docs, in 2019, starting with the ones used by me in various project, in the last 3/4 years.
Because I'm not a documentation tools guru and the list will be a short one, feel free to add your preferred documentation tool and explain why you are choosing it over others.
Here is my list:
- Sphinx - written in Python, with native search (no Algolia dependency)
- Gatsby Antd Docs - a GatsbyJS based documentation generator, require Algolia plugin for search
- Docusaurus looks promising, the major drawback was the ugliness of the default theme.
- Vuepress - Vue.js based tool.
- MkDocs - live sample
- KB4IT - KB4IT is a static website generator based on Asciidoctor - demo
The list will be updated with the tools mentioned in the comments