Visual Studio Code is a popular code editor used by many devs since it is powerful, minimal, and open source.
Here is a list of VS code tricks & tips.
- Open the command palette by combining ctrl + shift + p.
- The Command Palette allows you to access various available commands just by typing a keyword instead of navigating through menus.
- Open the command palette (ctrl + shift + p) and type shell command and Install 'code' command in PATH command.
- Now open your preferred terminal and type code in any folder and start editing!
- If you are working on two different files of the same project then split view is a lot helpful here.
- Split View can be customized based on your preference.
- You can enable this by selecting View > Editor Layout > Split Up
- In VS Code you can edit multiple lines by adding cursor to a different location. This is very useful if you are gonna edit the same code in different lines.
- VS Code has an integrated terminal that is accessible by combining ctrl + shift + `
- VS Code has a rich plugin API that enables users to build cool plugins
- You can install them from VS code marketplace link here
Prettier is an opinionated code formatter, supports multiple languages, and integrates with most editors.
If you wanna keep your code clean then this is a must!
Debugger for Chrome
Bracket Pair Colorizer
This extension allows matching brackets to be identified with colors. The user can define which characters to match, and which colors to use.
TODO Highlight v2
Highlight TODO, FIXME: and any other annotations you wish within your code in VSCode. This extension helps you to stay productive and stay organized.
If I missed something, or you want to show me something else, feel free to write a comment.