What is AWS Community Builder Program?
The AWS Community Builders Program(CB) is a officially organized by AWS. The program supports AWS enthusiasts and other community members by providing:
- Technical mentorship
- Service reviews
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- AWS Branded Swags and more...
Anyone who is meeting below mention criteria can apply
- Any individual who is 18 years or older and passionate about building on AWS.
- AWS Community Builders program seeks applicants from all regions, demographics, and underrepresented communities.
- The AWS Community Builders program is for technical builders who create community contributions such as written/video content (blog posts, videos, webinars, tutorials, etc.) or organize technical communities that help other AWS builders to learn and build on AWS.
You have to priorities two categories among these
- Machine Learning
- Mobile and Web Apps
- Developer Tools
- Management, Governance and Migration
- Gravitron / Arm Development
- Data (Databases, Analytics, Blockchain)
- Security, Identity & Compliance
- Game Tech
- Networking and Content Delivery
What you will get after becoming a CB?
- AWS community builder branded Swag!
- AWS Promotional Credits
- Online training academy subscription
- Certification Exam Voucher
- AWS User Groups / Community help
- Mentoring / Coaching / Career Opportunities
- Exclusive Events
- AWS Service Previews
- 3rd Party Benefits
- Network of like minded people
How to apply - video tutorial
How to apply for an AWS Community Builder Program?
Top comments (4)
If you from any of the underrepresented group do select, as it will increase your chances to get selected like female, African American, people with disabilities etc.
AWS promotes diversity and inclusion especially underserved in tech.
Understand the open ended questions. Usually people misunderstand the questions and try to impress. First try to write rough draft or enlist your efforts related to the questions.
Like how you are fit for this program?
In answer to this question try to highlight your past community building activities not irrelevant boasting. These activities should be impactful. like I trained number of people in AWS or so...
Links to existing public content or other community contributions that you have made in the past 12 months. If you do not have a minimum of two community contributions in the past 12 months your application will not be accepted.
Community contributions means:
Arranging or attending local tech meetups
Write ups, blogs, video tutorials or any tech related content which is impactful.
if you don't have such activities on the list then skip the application. Make some contributions and then apply.
Link to apply for Q3 2022