I created a github workflow to be able to run all jmx files from my repository.
The workflow is triggered on push [main]. The machine provided by github is an ubuntu machine. Once we have the machine up and running with the operating system:
- checkout actions/checkout@v2
- displays the current folder (you can refer to this folder like this $GITHUB_WORKSPACE)
- install the JMeter version 5.4.1 (here we also display the jmeter version and also the current folder location)
- install the plugins for JMeter(here we just install the Dummy Sampler, but you can add any other plugin needed by your jmeter script; you can see all the available plugins here: https://jmeter-plugins.org/files/packages)
- run each jmx file from the repo
- different JMeter scripts
- GitHUB Actions used to define the workflow to run all jmeter scripts from repository [main branch]
# This is a workflow to help you run all JMeter scripts with Actions name: jmeter # Controls when the workflow will run on: # Triggers the workflow on push or pull request events but only for the main branch push: branches: [ main ] # Allows you to run this workflow manually from the Actions tab workflow_dispatch: # A workflow run is made up of one or more jobs that can run sequentially or in parallel jobs: # This workflow contains a single job called "build" build: # The type of runner that the job will run on runs-on: ubuntu-latest # Steps represent a sequence of tasks that will be executed as part of the job steps: # Checks-out your repository under $GITHUB_WORKSPACE, so your job can access it - uses: actions/checkout@v2 - name: where are the files? run: | pwd ls # Runs a set of commands using the runners shell - name: install jmeter run: | java -version wget https://downloads.apache.org//jmeter/binaries/apache-jmeter-5.4.1.zip unzip apache-jmeter-5.4.1.zip cd apache-jmeter-5.4.1/bin ./jmeter -v pwd - name: install plugins run: | cd $GITHUB_WORKSPACE/apache-jmeter-5.4.1 wget -q --no-check-certificate https://jmeter-plugins.org/files/packages/jpgc-dummy-0.4.zip -P . unzip -o jpgc-dummy-0.4.zip && rm jpgc-dummy-0.4.zip - name: run jmx scripts run: | cd $GITHUB_WORKSPACE/apache-jmeter-5.4.1/bin for i in $( ls $GITHUB_WORKSPACE/*.jmx); do ./jmeter -n -t $i; done
For now we do not keep the artifacts, but for sure in next version I'll add another step in the workflow so we can have also the artifacts generated by JMeter.