We are celebrating the milestone of reaching 3,000 GitHub stars across all SeaQL repositories!
This wouldn't have happened without your support and contribution, so we want to thank the community for being with us along the way.
SeaQL.org was founded back in 2020. We devoted ourselves into developing open source libraries that help Rust developers to build data intensive applications. In the past two years, we published and maintained four open source libraries: SeaQuery, SeaSchema, SeaORM and StarfishQL. Each library is designed to fill a niche in the Rust ecosystem, and they are made to play well with other Rust libraries.
- Oct 2020: SeaQL founded
- Dec 2020: SeaQuery first released
- Apr 2021: SeaSchema first released
- Aug 2021: SeaORM first released
- Nov 2021: SeaORM reached 0.4.0
- Dec 2021: SeaQuery reached 0.20.0
- Dec 2021: SeaSchema reached 0.4.0
- Apr 2022: SeaQL selected as a Google Summer of Code 2022 mentor organization
- Apr 2022: StarfishQL first released
- Jul 2022: SeaQuery reached 0.26.2
- Jul 2022: SeaSchema reached 0.9.3
- Jul 2022: SeaORM reached 0.9.1
- Aug 2022: SeaQL reached 3,000+ GitHub stars
We're pleased by the adoption by the Rust community. We couldn't make it this far without your feedback and contributions.
- 📦 4 Open source projects
- 🏬 5 Startups using SeaQL
- 🎈 1,972 Dependent projects
- 👨👩👧👦 131 Contributors
- ✅ 1,061 Merged PRs & resolved issues
- ⭐ 3,158 GitHub stars
- 🗣️ 432 Discord members
- ⌨️ 87,937 Lines of Rust
- 💿 667,769 Downloads on crates.io
* as of Aug 12
Our team has grown from two people initially into four. We always welcome passionate engineers to join us!
- Chris Tsang - Founder. Led the initial development and maintaining the projects.
- Billy Chan - Founding member. Contributed many features and bug fixes. Keeps the community alive.
- Ivan Krivosheev - Joined in 2022. Contributed many features and bug fixes, most notably to SeaQuery.
- Sanford Pun - Developed StarfishQL and wrote SeaORM's tutorial.
- Marco Napetti - Contributed transaction, streaming and tracing API to SeaORM.
- nitnelave - Contributed binder crate and other improvements to SeaQuery.
- Sam Samai - Developed SeaORM's test suite and demo schema.
- Daniel Lyne - Developed SeaSchema's Postgres implementation.
- Charles Chege - Developed SeaSchema's SQLite implementation.
If you are feeling generous, a small donation will be greatly appreciated.
A big shout out to our sponsors 😇:
Many features and enhancements are actually proposed and implemented by the community. We want to take this chance to thank all our contributors!
We have two ongoing Summer of Code 2022 projects to enrich the SeaQL ecosystem, planning to be released later this year. In the meantime, we're focusing on improving existing SeaQL libraries until reaching version 1.0, we'd love to hear comments and feedback from the community.
If you like what we do, consider starring, commenting, sharing, contributing and together building for Rust's future!