Cover image for Fixing coc-tsserver errors due to Deno
Salted Bytes

Fixing coc-tsserver errors due to Deno

jimatjibba profile image James G. Best Originally published at jamesbest.tech ・1 min read

This is a quick post detailing how to fix issues with coc-tsserver.

I am a long term Neovim user and feel that the only Intellisense engine to use is CocVim. It is simply amazing. It breathes so much power into you Vim setup.

I write Typescript daily and so use the coc-tsserver plugin. It gives all the power of VSCodes typescript engine in NeoVim. But recently it broke. It was reporting errors when there was nothing wrong. I made sure all my dependencies we up to date and still nothing. All I was seeing was this:

Alt Text

The error message is: The error message is: [tsserver 2307] [E] Cannot find module <import-path>

Something was wrong.

Thankfully someone was having the same issue and had created an issue in the CocVim git repo. It turns out that there is a bug in the coc-deno plugin that has some problems with non-deno projects.

Thankfully the fix is simple. Disable the deno plugin for non deno projects.

With in Vim: :CocList extensions and find the Deno plugin. Press tab and select d to disable it. Restart Vim and all your issues should have disappeared.

Thanks for reading 🙏

If there is anything I have missed, or if there is a better way to do something then please let me kno

Posted on by:

jimatjibba profile

James G. Best


Tech and photography loving developer gravitywelluk. A host on the saltedbytes podcast. https://saltedbytes.rocks

Salted Bytes

Two dynamic and dedicated digital demons, shooting the shit and slinging salt every other week. Expect tasty tech topics, tangents and treats with occasional guests from the UK web dev community.


markdown guide

I write deno stuff quite rarely, so I usually just remove the deno plugin entirely and reinstall when i want to work on deno projects again.

I guess, one could make a plugin which disables the deno extension if there's a node_modules or a package.json/package-lock.json in the workspace, or may be there's even a better way to tackle this issue in an ad-hoc way until a proper solution comes around.


Yeah, I am hoping it will get fixed. I only installed the deno plugin to have a play so will probably just remove it.