Azure Network Watcher is a monitoring service with lots of other important services for network. Most network diagnostics issues can be detected and analyzed with Azure Network Watcher. Learn everything about Network Watcher in this article.
- You use Network Watcher to monitor and repair the network health of IaaS (Infrastructure as Service) resources.
- It can capture network packets by sniffing the network
- It can analyze and display the network topology
- It can audit the security rules of network and VMs.
- It is a regional service
- It is automatically enabled in a region when you create or update a virtual network (vNet) in it.
- Network Watcher can monitor communication between a VM and another endpoint (could be VM).
- Network Watcher can view resources in a virtual network.
- It can diagnose network traffic filtering problems to or from a VM.
- It can diagnose network routing problems from a VM.
- It can diagnose outbound connections from a VM.
- It can capture packets to and from VM.
- It can determine relative latencies between Azure regions and Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- It can show security rules for an interface like network interface for a VM.
- It can analyze network security groups traffic.
- It can show diagnostics logs for network resources.
This will give you the next network hop from a given source IP address to a destination IP address. You can use this to troubleshoot the issues.
Check security settings of your IaaS. Example: Check the security settings for your VM in Azure.
Investigate network by capturing the network packets. You can choose the Remote or local IP and port addresses.
👨🏫 In Exam remember: Most network diagnostics issues can be detected and analyzed with Azure Network Watcher
Thanks for reading my article till end. I hope you learned something special today. If you enjoyed this article then please share to your friends and if you have suggestions or thoughts to share with me then please write in the comment box.
- Please subscribe to All-Access Membership PRO plan to access current and future angular, node.js and related courses.
- Please subscribe to All-Access Membership ELITE plan to get everything from PRO plan. Additionally, you will get access to a monthly live Q&A video call with
Rupeshand you can ask doubts/questions and get more help, tips and tricks.
Your bright future is awaiting for you so visit today FullstackMaster and allow me to help you to board on your dream software company as a new Software Developer, Architect or Lead Engineer role.