I finished the Prework last week, I just forgot to make a post about my progress with this, so I wanted to recap myself and tell what I learned!
- How to create a git repository using SSH keys
- How to generate an SSH key
- I have known HTML previously, however I learned a little more about how HTML works and got a better understanding of my existing HTML knowledge
- I learned very basic CSS commands
- I learned how to deploy a website
- When deploying my website, it would not deploy. For some reason, it took more than two days of waiting for it to deploy, and still hadn't on the third day. To debug, I looked up my issue on google and discovered that sometimes I needed to add a jekyll file, regardless of if I needed jekyll. I added a .nojekyll file to my repo and it uploaded immediately.
I've made it past the first week! This was mostly review from the prework that I completed before class began, though there were some new things that I learned.
- I learned the difference between class and ID attributes
- I learned how to create a repo using git init commands
- I learned some simpler CSS stylings, like selectors, display properties, units, and fonts