Azure Fundamentals exam is an opportunity to prove knowledge of cloud concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, security and privacy in Azure, as well as Azure pricing and support.
Candidates should be familiar with the general technology concepts, including concepts of networking, storage, compute, application support, and application development.
Here are some helpful websites and tips you should look at before taking the exam.
- https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-900T0x-MicrosoftAzureFundamentals (labs)
- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-az-900.aspx (exam page)
Each course is organized into four modules each module supporting an exam study area:
- Module 01 – Describe Cloud concepts
- Module 02 – Describe Core Azure services
- Module 03 – Describe Core Solutions and Management Tools on Azure
- Module 04 – Describe General Security and Network Security Features
- Module 05 – Describe Identity, Governance, Privacy, and Compliance Features
- Module 06 – Azure Cost Management and Service Level Agreements
- Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) Certification Page. Each exam has a description page that outlines the major topics of the exam, how to study, and the overall end-to-end process to sign-up and take your exam.
- Microsoft Learn. Microsoft Learn offers a free Azure Fundamentals learning path. The path includes sandbox exercises for hands-on experience.
- Azure forums. The Azure forums are very active. You can search the threads for a specific area of interest. You can also browse categories such as Azure storage, pricing and billing, Azure VMs, and Azure Migrate.
- Channel 9. Channel 9 provides a wealth of informational videos, shows, and events.
- Azure Friday. Join Scott Hanselman as he engages one-on-one with the engineers who build the services that power Azure as they demo capabilities, answer Scott's questions, and share their insights.
- Microsoft Azure Blog. Keep current on what's happening in Azure, including what's in preview, what’s generally available, and news and updates.