Last time I’d written about why I don’t prefer virtual whiteboards. Since then, my curiosity for these has piqued quite a bit and I have been checking out a few whiteboard tools. At least those that have free versions, that is. I guess there’s still time to come to one that I will stick with.
Illustration by Scale
Here is what my experiences have been like so far:
RealtimeBoard: I guess this will be better for someone who has a bigger team, seems to be a bit costly for a small company or a startup.
Explain Everything: I actually checked this one out just because of the name, then realised that it’s named that way as it’s primarily designed for teachers. It is good for presentations.
AWW App: Another app with a cute name, I found it a bit slow initially, but it seemed to do the job well.
GroupMap: One thing I thought of as soon as I started using this is ‘templates.’ With over 60 pre-designed templates, it makes the work pretty simple.
SketchBoard: I am impressed by the integration with Slack that this app has, but also found that the interface isn’t very great.
Groupboard: Comparatively, I think this one seems like a good fit for really small companies, if they are okay with compromising with the UI to an extent.
Ziteboard: I didn’t find anything particularly enticing or disappointing about this app. It is simple and easy with not many qualms.
Limnu: This, similar to Explain Everything is designed for teaching purposes. But the presentations were a little smoother on the other one.
Stormboard: The paid plans on this one are a bit displeasing, but I guess if you want an ideal experience, it’s worth shelling out the few extra bucks.
LiveBoard: I tried this on my phone and found it really smooth and easy to use. One interesting thing is that they started out with a considerable discount amidst the pandemic.
Invision Freehand: Invision is known for being remote working experts and their whiteboard tool definitely does not disappoint, except for some lags which we can hope they fix soon.
Milanote: This one’s probably the best known one from the list, and rightly so. Other than the fact that it lacks some important third party app integrations, Milanote is a true pleasure to use.
WebBoard: A super fun and interactive whiteboard that you can just start off with without any hassle.
So I am not going to tell you which one is the best or the worst among these. I think depending on your need, it would differ. Do check out the ones above and leave a comment on how your experience with these was. Some other tools you can check out are also here. Happy whiteboarding :)
If you liked this article, here's a recommended set you should check out:
- What does Pending Mean on Snapchat?
- How to change margins in Google Docs?
- How to set up auto reply in Gmail?
- Best time to upload something on YouTube
- How to make a ToC in GDocs?
- How does Zoom make money? All you need to know
- How to Add Page Numbers in Google Docs
- How to Make a Table of Contents in Google Docs
- How to make Columns in Google Docs
- How does Discord make money? Discord business model, revenue stats
- Hanging indent Word: How to do hanging indent on Word
- How to Add Interests on LinkedIn
- [Fixed] Discord Search Not Working on PC and Mobile
- How to turn off comments on Facebook posts - Disable comments
- How to remove someone on Messenger in 2021
- How to Flip an Image in Google Docs
- How to Squad Stream on Twitch - The Ultimate Guide
- How to track changes in Google Docs? (3-Step Process)
- 9 Best Twitch Streaming Software you need to check in 2021
- How to do a Superscript in Google Docs
- Voice echoing - How to fix mic echo in calls | Remote Tools
- How to restore tabs on Chrome - open recently closed tabs
- How to do a hanging indent on Google Docs? [2 Simple Ways]
- How to Insert a Text Box in Google Docs
- How to change the background color on Google Docs? [3 Steps]
- How to make a graph on Google Docs - All you need to know
- How to Change the Default Font in Google Docs
- [Fixed] Discord Screen Share No Audio
- How to see deleted Discord messages and report abusive content
- How to put multiple pictures on Instagram Story - 4 Ways!
- How to Change Your Discord Profile Picture
- How to delete Instagram messages?
- How to Uninstall Discord on Windows and Mac
- How to do Subscript and Superscript in PowerPoint
- How to change to Landscape in Google Docs? [4-Step Process]
- Razer Cortex Review - Features, Pricing, and Alternatives
- Why does Chrome take so much memory?
- How to Alphabetize in Google Docs
- How to Download Images from Google Docs - 3 Easy Ways
- How to Double Space in Google Docs
- [Fixed] Twitch Error 2000 on Chrome