Josh Spector runs the For The Interested newsletter and helps clients use social media and newsletters to grow and activate audiences.
One of the strategies he shared that helped him get to 25,000 email subscribers was to send a weekly “Here’s what you missed…” follow-up email to subscribers who did not open his initial newsletter.
"Your newsletter can only grow if your subscribers actually read it.
My newsletter is initially sent on Sunday mornings, and then on Friday afternoons I re-send it to people who didn’t open it yet with a subject line that says, “Here’s what you missed…”
That secondary version contains the same newsletter, but with a brief intro paragraph added to explain I’m re-sending it in case it got lost in their inbox."
- These follow-up emails lead to about 25% more open rates
Struggling to get a start or looking for ways to increase subscribers?
Learn from real newsletter writers sharing tried & tested strategies used to grow their newsletter and monetize in a database for you to replicate.
Here are some questions that the database can help with:
- How to convert visitors into subscribers?
- How to get your first 1,000 email subscribers?
- How to use lead magnets to capture your first subscribers?
- How to Promote Your Newsletter on Reddit?
- How to monetize your newsletter?
- Growing an $8000/month newsletter in 4 months
Get access to over 150+ case studies (& growing) and 60+ communities and 80+ dictionaries to spread your newsletter and much more for $9/lifetime.
Pre-Order Now - Newsletter Kit