89: Laurie Barth on Building a Career in Tech
Adam Wathan tells us what it takes to make your own money.
He’s a prolific author, podcaster, educator, open source creator, and true fullstack developer. He shares a look into what it took to make Refactoring UI and Tailwind CSS smash hits.
Notes and Links
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should […] be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Gatsby Team
- Gatsby Cloud
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport, on Amazon (“career capital”)
- How to talk like an Engineer by Laurie, on YouTube
- Gatsby.js Tutorials
- React Hooks
- React Concurrent Mode
- “assume the reader has zero prior knowledge but infinite intelligence” quoted by Dan Abramov on Twitter
- Hot Garbage Clean Code is Dead — by Me, on YouTube
- Kim Maida
- “Hell yeah!” or “no” by Derek Sivers, from Anything You Want on Amazon
- Lindsey Kopacz
- Chris Biscardi
- Imposter syndrome
- Dunning-Kruger effect
Build a beautiful functional React or React Native app with Infinite Red.
Get two tickets to the 2021 Chain React conference when you start or refer a new project.
Visit reactpodcast.infinite.red for details.