75: Sunil Pai on The Future of UI Frameworks
React Core Team member Sunil Pai in the chair today.
React is a complicated project. It's open source but lead by facebook. That's a hard pill for many to swollow. But, for it, we get a framework that's battle-tested at facebook scale — every experimental API tested by billions of users.
Today, Sunil and I dive into the future of React as a UI framework, how Concurrent mode marks a shift in focus from developer experience to user experience, and what it'll take to finally get better designer tooling for React.
- 23: Ditch Authority with Sunil Pai — Previous React Podcast with Sunil Pai
- Dan Abramov
- Dominic Gannaway
- Rachel Nabors
- Sunil Pai - The “Something” Statements at React Rally
- Umbrella React Flare — the umbrella issue on GitHub #15257
- Twitter Lite
- Do This to Improve Image Loading on Your Website — Jen Simmons on image loading improvements in the browser
- OOCSS — A CSS architecture by Nicole Sullivan
- webflow — Break the code barrier
- SwiftUI — Better apps. Less code.
- Gatsby — Fast in every way that matters
- Next — The React Framework
- Brent Jackson
- John Otander
- Components AI — Experimental platform for exploring generative design systems
- CSS Grid Layout
- webflow grid editor
- Framer — Always interactive, lightning fast design
- "Useez" — Tired: Hooks. Wired: Useez
Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location. Get a $20 credit when you visit: linode.com/react and use promo code: react2019 at checkout
Infinite Red has been designing, shipping and building web and mobile apps for 10 years.
They're experts in React Native and host North America's only React Native conference, Chain React, educating thousands of developers all over the world.
Start a new project with them, mention this show, and get two free tickets to the Chain React in Portland.