Testing, as we all know, is what saves us a lot of trouble.
But not everyone is using the same tools or know all of the great ones out there that help make your testing more successful.
Don't fall into the stereotype of the stubborn dev who relies entirely on unit tests. You might regret it, sooner than you think.
A platform that allows you to create, manage and run Automated Tests for Web Applications and Native Mobile Apps (Android & iOS), without having to write any code.
Some of the features:
• Cross-browser grid, running on Windows and macOS machines
• Codeless Editor for Automated Tests
• Support for Web Applications
• Support for both native and hybrid Android and iOS apps
• Video recordings for test executions
• Detailed logs
• Chrome extension to record web tests
• Element Inspector for mobile apps
• Screenshot comparison
• Data-driven testing with CSV files
• Email, Slack and Webhook notifications
• If Statements and Loops
• Variables and re-usable components
• Support for file uploads in the tests
• An Endtest API, for integration with CI/CD systems
• Advanced Assertions
• Endtest Mailbox, for testing emails
• Self-healing tests
Their Documentation is fantastic. Lots of examples and videos.
You can even run Automated Tests on Real Mobile Devices:
According to their Twitter account, they seem to be adding new features every week:
The easiest way to test any API.
Postman has evolved in the last few years and is now a complete solution for monitoring the health of your APIs.
Some of the features:
• API Client
• Request Chaining
• Data Security
• Traffic Control
• API Monitoring
You can use Litmus to build, test, and monitor emails.
What's interesting for us is the ability to open an email in the multitude of email clients on their side.
Want to know how your email looks in Outlook 2013 or in Apple Mail?
All you have to do is fetch a temporary email address from Litmus and send your email there.
You'll be able to view that in the email clients directly on their site.
Test your emails and you might avoid embarrassing situations like this:
The best tool to perform load testing and to measure performance.
It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
You can use it to test SOAP, REST, FTP, Database, LDAP, TCP, SMPT, etc.
Other features include:
• Full featured Test IDE
• Ability to load test many different applications/server/protocol types
• A complete and ready to present dynamic HTML report
• Extract data from popular response formats (HTML, JSON , XML, etc)
A useful web application scanner.
Now you can add Security Testing to your checklist.
• Cross-Site Scripting
• SQL Injection
• File Inclusion
• Backup files check
• Simple AJAX check
• Hybrid analysis/Crystal ball testing for PHP application using PHP-SAT