I always ring in the new year with several goals - I don't believe in dramatic resolutions, but I find it helpful to set the pace for the coming year with some things I want to achieve. Since we've just passed the halfway point of the year, I wanted to take some time to share how I'm progressing and ask how you've done on any goals you may have set for yourself.
I like to choose some goals from different parts of my life, so they are mixed between career/self-development, fitness/martial arts, and finances:
Read 12 technical/career development books(currently on #13!
- Write one blog post each week on dev.to (so far so good!)
- Complete Salesforce .NET Developer Trailhead Series
- Back Squat 200lbs (hit 175lbs)
- Deadlift 250lbs (stopped deadlifting, retired this goal)
- Bench Press 130lbs (hit 120lbs)
Pay down all credit card debt (excluding o% APR promos) Pay high-interest private student loan in full
- Have a more positive outlook, complain less (tough, work in progress)
So as you can see, I've already achieved a few of my goals but others are still out of reach at this point. This is good and this was my intention at the start of 2019 - I give myself some "easy wins" and that helps me keep momentum throughout the year.
Your turn! What goals did you ring in 2019 with? How are they going? What are your wins? Where can you use some work?