A much needed update for the expense app both feature wise and design wise. The need for an update came because of the poor form handling the old version had and the lack of basic features like edit profile details functionality.
So I started doing the redesigns a month ago on Figma, making the UI more simpler and adding the additional features. It took me a week to finish that and then began the development of new version. I began with back-end, simplifying queries, adding filter functionality to queries, wrote the update profile functionality.
Here's the change log for front-end
- Added Formik & Yup validations to form fields
- Added the edit profile functionality.
- Wrote Modal, Tabs, Select, RadioGroup components that I've been sharing here on IG.
- Added filters like search, by category and by expense type.
- Added insights - statistics and more visualizations.
- This isn't the end, a lot more to do and improve.
Overall, this past month has been amazing and very productive for me. I learnt new technologies like redux, redux-saga, built an app over a three day sprint for an assignment, did the whole redesign of expense app.
There's a lot more to come and I'm excited!