On 21st of October, I had a meeting with my mentors with regards to Google's Season Of Docs project. The mentors had assigned the following tasks:-
- Compile a list of pages on synbiohub.org
- Which API command corresponds to which page on SynBioHub.org
- Prepare a basic layout for the user documentation.
- Plan the content for all the sections of User Documentation.
- Correcting some minor formatting errors on the Plugins installation page.
On subsequent discussions over the Email, the consolidated list of sections was finalized, which is as follows:
- Registering and updating your account
- Searching for information
- Viewing and downloading information
- Submitting, updating, and managing your collections
- Editing your submissions
- Data sharing mechanisms
I was able to accomplish the following tasks:
- Compiled the list of pages on synbiohub.org
- Which of the API command corresponds to which page on SynBioHub.org
- Prepared and finalized a basic layout of the user documentation, under the guidance of Prof. Myers
- Which pages of synbiohub.org correspond to which section
- Corrected a few minor formatting errors on the plugins page.
- Completed the user documentation for the first 3 sections as mentioned above.
I'd faced the following issues this week:
- Was unable to find pages of Synbiohub.org corresponding to all of the API calls.
In the next meeting, I hope to take feedback regarding, the first 3 sections of the User documentation and resolve all of my doubts regarding SynBioHub's UI once and for all.