- Manual testing is a software testing process which will done by testers manually without any code or tool to test the applications.
- Test cases should design for the given requirements. Test cases contains step by step instruction to proceed with the flow.
- All test cases will be executed manually and Testers has to compare Expected vs actual results to ensure application working as expected.
If testers finds any discrepancy from the requirements and application then it should logged as defect and assigns to developers whose worked on that module.
Once developers analyzed the issue and fixing from their end then inform to testers to retest the issue.
Testers will retest the issue if issues resolves then defect wil
l be closed else it will again back to developers queue.
Example - Login page
Above screen requirements,
- User name and password is a mandatory field
- If both username and password is correct then login will happen
- If user doesn’t register can signup
o Without providing username password and click Login button should throw error message display.
o Input wrong username and click Login button should throw error message display.
o Input wrong password and click Login button should throw error message display.
o If user input registered username and password and click Login button should redirect to Home screen.
o Clicking on SignUp button should redirect to registration
• Easy to find every defects from the application
• No coding knowledge is needed to test
• Compared to automation testing it is less expensive
• Suitable when unplanned code change or deployment happen
• It is not reliable because testers cannot cover all the aspects of the testing, Since Exhaustive testing is not possible
• Need human intervention to test for all testing
• Testers should have functional knowledge and experience in testing
• Time consuming process