(Originally published on https://github.com/prahladyeri/CuratedLists/)
- Python Official docs
- PEP-8 - Guidelines for writing python code
- Python Package Index - The official python package repo
- /r/learnpython wiki
- Unofficial Windows Binaries for Python Extension Packages - Must have resource for Windows users of Python. Provides all the compiled package files in pip installable(*.whl) files.
- Python Zeef List
- mysql-connector-python - Official mysql client library by Oracle.
- PyMySQL - A pure-Python MySQL client library, based on PEP 249. Apparently faster than the official driver
mysqlclient - Another mysql client library implementation. Apparently, the fastest implementation as it is C based. Django's recommended, also used by debian and ubuntu repos for
- psycopg2 - Most popular postgresql driver for python.
- SQLAlchemy - The "bread and butter" ORM library in the python world. Extremely versatile and flexible enough to work with almost any RDBMS known to mankind.
- scipy - Important python package for mathematicians and statisticians.
- numpy - A package for scientific computing.
- matplotlib - A 2d plotting library.
- pandas - High performance Data Analysis library for Python.
- nltk - Widely used Python library in the field of Natural Language Processing.
- gpt-2 - Neuralnet/AI library, Code from the paper "Language Models are Unsupervised Multitask Learners".
- scikit-learn - A free software machine learning library for the Python programming language.
- tensorflow - A free and open-source software library for dataflow and differentiable programming across a range of tasks.
- requests - A popular library for handling HTTP requests.
- Twisted - An event driven networking engine written in python. Twisted is to python what System.Net is to C# or java.net package is to Java.
- Mechanize - A fully-fledged web-scraping framework written in Python.
openpyxl - A pure python library to export/import data in
- xlrd - A pure python library to read Microsoft Excel 97 (*.xls) format workbooks.
- python-docx - Python library to write to work with Microsoft Word Documents.
- markdown - Python library to work with markdown format.
- Pandoc - Wonderful tool to convert document from one format to another, supports markdown, reST, doc, docx, pdf and a number of other formats.
- BeautifulSoup - A mind-blowing XML parsing library that is widely used in web-scraping scripts and applications in python.
- lxml - Library to process xml/html with python.
- Twine - Utility for interacting with PyPi packaging system.
- PyTest - Perhaps the De-facto testing module in python world.
- sphinx - The standard documentation tool for python.
- Pelican - A static site generator that supports markdown and reST syntax. Written in python.
- pygments - A syntax highlighting package written in Python.
- pygame - A popular python gaming library.
- panda3d - Python graphics library.
- pyglet - Python graphics library.
- Kivy - A modern GUI toolkit for building apps, works seamlessly on Linux, Android, Windows and Mac.
- PySide - Alternative GUI toolkit in Python, the open source version of PyQt which is commercial.
- PySimpleGUI - Another GUI toolkit similar to PyQT and tkinter.
- Tweepy - Library to access tweets using the twitter api.
- pytz - Library to work with time-zones.
- tqdm - Instantly make your loops show a smart progress meter.
- Django - A popular web framework written in Python. Often touted as the web framework for busy journalists with deadlines, Django is very flexible and can be adapted to any web project needs.
Flask - A minimalist web framework. While not as popular and stuffed as Django, Flask follows a more
lego blockapproach to development - starting from a minimal core, and keep adding as needed. An excellent framework, nevertheless.
- Bottle - A single module web framework for Python.
- Dive Into Python - Mark Pilgrim - Must read for all python learners and enthusiasts.
- Web Scraping 101 with Python
- Writing a Virtual Machine in Python
- Coding Bat - Python
- Simple Python Programs
- Beginners Guide to Python
- Learn Python, Break Python - A beginners guide
- Automate boring stuff with Python
Classic DEV Post from Jun 6