Learning Cloud Computing in 2022 can turn as one of the best decisions of your Life. Cloud computing skills are among the most in-demand skills in technology today and employers’ demand for cloud-skilled workers continues to outpace the supply.
Hey everyone, I am back with another blog post. Here I will be sharing my experience & thoughts on how I was able to clear the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Certification on this weekend. Microsoft Azure is one of the leading Cloud Providers.This exam can be taken as an optional first step in data world. You should definitely take this exam If you are a beginner at databases. If you want to know what kind of services Microsoft Azure offers with respect to data, this is the exam for you.
Topics that I will cover in this Blog.
- Any Prerequisites
- About the exam
- How to Register?
- How did I prepare?
- Useful Tips and Tricks So without any further delay, Let's get started.
If you are a beginner in field of Databases, You should definitely take this exam. There are no prerequisites for this exam as such, but it is good to have some hands on with Azure.
Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals is one of the most fundamentals exams from Microsoft. Hence it can be your first step to your Data journey.There can be different types of Multiple Choice Questions Type 1 : Single Answer - 2/3/4 options and 1 right answer Type 2 : Multiple Answer - 5 (or more) options and 2 (or more) right answers. There is no penalty for wrong answers so feel free to guess the answer in case you don't know answer.
Ideally there are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. But this number is not fixed for me there were 42 questions that were supposed to be finished in 45 minutes. You can mark questions for future consideration and review them before final submission Result immediately shown after exam completion. You will get email with detailed scores afterwards. This exam reports on a scale of minimum 100 and maximin 1000 with a passing score of 700. See more details here.
You have to first create an account. After that visit this page. Below you can see the schedule exam section.Once you click on the schedule a new exam button you will be redirected to all certifications page where you can select Azure exams and then DP-900. Finally, you can see the below page and options for scheduling. Pick any one of these options, create an account, and schedule an exam. For me PearsonVue worked well.
This is one of the most crucial parts. If you are completely new to the cloud you can get trained in one of the below mentioned online courses.
- Azure DP Fundamentals Certification (DP-900) - Full Course to PASS the Exam by freeCodeCamp
- Pass DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals exam in a WEEKEND. by Ranga Karanam on Udemy
- Microsoft's Documentation is also good, please check it out.
- This is a fundamental exam you can target this exam in one weekend.
- Understand the concept of Power BI. Some IMP topics includes ELT vs ETL,
- Don't forget to practice questions from examtopics.com website. You will get a good idea of how is the level of exam and which type of scenario based questions can come in exam.
- You will have around 60 minutes to complete this exam. It’s a lot of time so you don’t have to rush and take some time to verify your answers.
- If you are not familiar with the question or not sure about the answer just mark for review and come back later.
- You'll see your score immediately after you complete the exam. But, it takes some time to appear on your Microsoft Dashboard.
So that is it about DP-900, From my experience it was one of the easiest exams. Just focus on basics, you can easily clear DP-900 on this weekend.
Also if you have any queries or doubts regarding the exam feel free to reach me out on LinkedIn
Thank You for Reading!
Keep Learning , Keep Sharing🎯🎯