you are a programmer. Then one fine day, top management decided to upgrade you to the next level.
- add senior to ur title
- replace existing title with manager something
- add lead to existing title
So u been wondered, what makes a programmer or developer upgrade to the next level?
- more story point burn compare to other developer?
- less bug introduce with each line of code?
- number of year experience
- centre of attention when there is a fire?
with great power comes great responsibility
Now how do you know if any of ur team member have the potential to be part of leadership role? Just ask any developer whether they willing to be part of this person new team.
You will be surprise by how effective this test can be.
You can't be a leader if no one is following you.