I published an NPM package a small cli tool which does the exporting and replacing the URL for a WordPress website piece of cake. You can export and replace within 10 seconds (depending on the size of the database and how fast you type).
I started this as a project for personal use but decided to make it as an NPM package and publicly accessible. We all know the ritual for WordPress development.
- Develop local using Docker containers
- Use git commit, git push (or FTP upload for old school hardcore people) to deploy
- open phpmyadmin, find the database, export the database
- find the file in the downloads folder (find which one is the latest from
database (5).sqlbecause you deleted (4)
- replace the local URL with the staging/production URL you can do it by:
- using any text editor to search/replace the URL or
- using a plugin to import and replace URL in the database
- Install the plugin
- Configure the plugin
- Run the search/replace and wait to finish
- Done Or do the following while you are in your project directory:
devild db:exportand follow the instructions to export your database in your current directory
devild db:replaceand follow the instructions to replace the URL and create another file to keep the original one.
- done ( ~10 seconds ⏳ )
This package is available at NPM Registry where you can install it by running
yarn global add @perlatsp/devild or
npm i -g @perlatsp/devild
Feedback and PR are more than welcome. :D
😈Devild - Wordpress DB export & replace the easy way
Database export and search replace for sql files
How to use
npm i -g @perlatsp/devildto install it as a global package.
- You can now access it by running
- NOTE! If you are using devilbox / docker containers you will need to do the above inside the container.
devild help- Will display help message with available commands
devild db:export- Will ask credentials to export database
devild db:replace- Will ask questions to replace url in the exported
devild install- Will create sample config file to create projects repositories (name,type,url)-
devild project:start- Will ask questions to create a new project based upon set configurations
devild project:add- Will ask questions to add a new project to your configuration file
- Search Replace in current dir
- Create Project (WP…