How do I cope with a work environment that slows me down?
How can I increase productivity in an environment that rewards laziness?
Hmmmm, these questions have been on my mind for a while now, coincidentally a friend of mine asked me the second question today.
This means that some of us are working in places where our potentials are under utilized.
It might be more appropriate to use the caprion: "How do i cope at a work place that under utilizes my potentials?"
My answer to this question should is for two categories of people.
- I am in a position to change things.
- I don't have control over anything.
If you fall under the first category ,you probably occupy a leadership position or a position where you can influence decisions made at your place of work.
You should start by Talking 🤗🤗🤗🤔, oh yes TALKING .
You need to talk to your colleagues, managers, heads of departments e.t.c.
Point out the issues you discovered and the solutions you propose.
I propose the following solutions
- Reward diligence and hard work openly.
- Reduce incentives for laziness.
- Keep talking about hard work and diligence.
- Gradually take disciplinary actions against laziness.
- Encourage and motivate people to put in their all.
- Be careful about the whole process , so that you won't trigger rebellion.......
Thank you for reading upto this point,you are awesome. Please visit my blog for for the concluding part of this post