Having a licensed USB security dongle, you may face the need to remotely access the functionality of your device. It’s not infrequent that connecting a USB key to a virtual machine or a remote desktop becomes a real challenge. What’s more, it may happen that several employees in your office need to use the same USB key simultaneously.
Probably the simplest way to provide remote access to a USB protection dongle is to share the device over the network. Donglify is a lightweight app designed to do just that. The software is powered by advanced port virtualization technology that allows redirecting USB dongles over any network (Internet, Wi-Fi, etc.) to any remote computer. With Donglify, you can share your licensed USB key with as many remote users as you need. A shared device will appear in remote systems like it was connected physically to those machines.
- You create a Donglify account on the software website and download the app on your computer.
- Start the program and log into your account.
- Once logged in, you click the plus icon in the window that will open and see the list of local USB dongles available for sharing.
- Check the radio button in front of the required USB key and click “Share”.
Note: the “Multi-connect” icon shown next to a USB dongle means you can share the device over the network and use it on multiple computers simultaneously. The “Single-connect” icon indicates that a shared USB key can be connected to one remote machine at a time.
- Now, you download and install Donglify on all computers that need to access the shared USB key remotely.
- Once installed, start the app and log into your Donglify account.
- The shared USB key will be displayed in the list of remote USB dongles that are available for connection.
- All you need to do is click the “Connect” button below this USB key.
Once done, the shared USB security dongle will appear in the remote computer like it was directly connected to that PC.