It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on a bunch of refactoring, plus gRPC support, Helm, and some other fixes.
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I did more work on moving CI tasks to CircleCI and CloudSmith.
- Chandra did more work wrapping up gRPC IPC support for Minion <-> OpenNMS communication.
- Patrick continued his work on refactoring/cleaning up the time-series APIs.
- Pierre worked on making events immutable internally, which should clean up a whole bunch of potentially undefined behaviors in OpenNMS.
Web, ReST, and UI
- Qauseen worked on some enhancements and cleanup in Helm including fixes to actions and pagination.
- Jesse fixed an issue with alarm table sorting and alarm details in Helm.
January saw the release of 3 point updates for OpenNMS Meridian and Horizon.
Meridian 2018.1.15 was a very small release with a topology UI fix and a fix to some debug logging.
Meridian 2019.1.2 and Horizon 25.1.2, on the other hand, contained a ton of fixes to Alarmd processing, flows, and more.
For a complete list of changes, see the release notes:
- February Releases - February 4th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is February 4th, 2020.
There will be more details as we continue to work on issues, but currently it is expected we'll put out the following releases:
- Horizon 25.1.3
- Meridian 2019.1.3
- SCaLE 18x - Pasadena, California - March 5th through 8th, 2020
Tarus Balog will be speaking at SCaLE 18x on alarm correlation (ALEC) and other technologies for large-scale monitoring with OpenNMS.
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
- HELM-139: Alarm Table page has a number of bugs
- HELM-202: Alarms details modal shows wrong alarm when table is sorted
- NMS-12448: Avoid rebuilding the graph view when enriching
- NMS-12467: CircleCI packages should have branch number and incrementing build
- NMS-12471: DatacollectionFailed event definitions are located in wrong file