It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on more Helm bugs and documentation, BMP support, flow enhancements, Karaf commands, gRPC and Kafka, graph service improvements, and more!
- Bonnie did more work cleaning up and improving Helm documentation.
- Ronny and Bonnie worked on converting Helm's documentation to publish with Antora.
- Chandra worked on persisting BMP data to Elasticsearch.
- Patrick continued his work on a new persistence API.
- Christian worked on refactoring how interfaces are tagged as having flows.
- Jesse worked on cleaning up all the Karaf commands to be consistent and under an
- Christian added support for forwarding collected BMP telemetry to OpenBMP.
- Chandra did a bit more work on gRPC IPC support and Kafka topic name cleanups.
- Markus worked on updating the flow classifications to support multiple IP ranges.
- Ronny added documentation for the new downtime model
- Ronny worked on updating the Helm CircleCI build to do automatic merging.
- I worked on backporting the date/time angular display fixes to Foundation 2018.
- Markus did more work on improvements to the new graph service, including integration in OIA.
- I fixed an issue in Helm where an error would be shown while configuring performance datasource filters.
Both releases contained a few bug fixes, most notably a fix for some NPEs as well as a performance issue in topology processing.
Additionally, Horizon 25.2.0 included an enhancement to the sink API to persist to disk when the Minion can't reach the broker.
SCaLE 18x - Pasadena, California - March 5th through 8th, 2020
Tarus Balog will be speaking at SCaLE 18x on alarm correlation (ALEC) and other technologies for large-scale monitoring with OpenNMS.
His presentation is on Saturday the 7th at 4:30pm.
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
- HELM-208: Error appears when selecting filter type
- HELM-216: Build docs with CircleCI and publish docs to Netlify
- HELM-217: Convert docs from Asciibinder to Antora
- NMS-9811: Thresholds should work without restart when putting nodes into categories
- NMS-10280: All docs are missing for recent Meridian releases
- NMS-12428: changing GUI date/timeformat breaks requisition update/import date/time display
- NMS-12479: Make Kafka RPC topics configurable to use module in topic names
- NMS-12486: Implement GRPC Server that can route all RPC/Sink messages from OpenNMS to Minion and vice versa