It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we updated documentation, fixed a number of important bugs, continued to work on topology and classification UI improvements, and more.
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny worked with Alejandro and Jesse to improve our Newts installation guide to follow more best practice with Schema installation and we have stopped maintaining our own Cassandra installation instructions.
- Patrick continued his work on refactoring and evaluating our time series APIs.
- Markus worked on documentation for the new graph service.
- Dustin fixed some issues with dropped packets on the telemetryd listeners.
- Jesse fixed some issues with exception handling in OIA.
- Markus made improvements to the flow classification rule engine to reduce memory usage and to fix port range handling.
- Chandra updated the SNMP detector to support SNMP profiles.
- Christian fixed some issues with associating flows with nodes behind NAT.
- Jesse did more work on the changes to allow flows to balance across Kafka partitions.
- Markus worked on optimizations in graph view enrichment.
- I worked on adding support for deleting nodes triggered by the downtime model if only unmanaged interfaces remain.
- Jesse updated Alarmd processing to use Drools streaming again now that they have fixed upstream bugs.
Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus did more work on adding support for choosing a layer in the topology UI in the URL.
- Markus fixed the classification UI to report better error messages.
- Antonio continued his work on enhancements to the topology link provider.
- January Releases - January 7th, 2020
The next OpenNMS release day is January 7th, 2020.
So far we expect to be putting out the following releases:
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
- ALEC-65: Model inventory for BGP peers
- ALEC-82: OpenNMS Direct Inventory Datasource Peformance Issues
- NMS-11847: Add support to use Apache Kafka as Messaging Broker with Docker Image
- NMS-11934: As an Operator I want to configure the message producer to use Kafka so I can use my existing scalable Kafka infrastructure with Minions
- NMS-11973: As an Operator I want to configure the message consumer to use Kafka so I can use my existing scalable Kafka infrastructure with Horizon
- NMS-12407: possible issue in JCIFS Monitor - contiously increase of threads - finally heap dump
- NMS-12418: Wrong links in the Help/Support page
- NMS-12427: Allow telemetry flows to balance across Kafka partitions
- NMS-12430: TCP Listeners are broken
- NMS-12431: Cannot define a specific layer in topology app URL
- NMS-12432: Classification UI: Error responses are not shown properly
- NMS-12433: Classification Engine: The end of the range is excluded, which is not intuitive
- NMS-12434: Add system test for IpfixTcpParser
- NMS-12435: Associate exporter node using Observation Domain Id
- NMS-12441: Provide basic development documentation