Today marks 5 years of me being on dev.to. In general, I gotta say that I like the community (I just got this nice badge, so what's not to like 🙂), and wish to be on the platform 5 years from now too.
I like stats (and working towards improving them), so I'll share my stats from these 5 years:
- Total post reactions:
- Total post views:
- Following users:
- How to make a native Android app that can block phone calls - 24k views
- Git branching done right with Gitflow & improving code quality with code reviews - 19k views
- JWT authentication in an Angular application with a Go backend - 16k views
- How to get started with Ionic framework 3 on Mac and Windows - 12k views
- Learn Git fast as if your job depends on it - 12k views
- How to 'make it' as a remote developer? - 273 views
- Too many books, not enough time - 237 views
Recently, I started a new daily-thought series where I post a tweet-like tiny blog post entry every day. The post that got the most exposure in that series was Knowing != Doing. Please feel free to check out the rest and chime in on the discussion.
One thing that still holds to this day is the consistency. What you're consistent with, you will improve.