As a person who works remotely for most of the month, I have observed some pros and cons of working remotely. I have listed them below.
- Flexibility: You can work anytime and from anywhere.
- Work Life Balance: You can spend time with your family and engage in activities which interest you.
- No Commute: You save time on travelling to and from work. You also save fuel and protect the planet from air pollution, noise pollution, etc. Plus you save money.
- More time: You have more time to work on yourself and your side hustles.
- Procrastination: It is easy to procrastinate since no one is watching over you.
- No sense of community: You don't see your colleagues in person and might lose touch with them. You won't have a feeling of connection with your colleagues and peers.
- Isolation: You might feel isolated since no one is working around you, they are all working from their own homes. So you feel alone and unmotivated.
What are the pros and cons of remote work which you have experienced? Let us know in the comments!