This post is a sequel to my past story where I succeeded in getting "Available updates" in admin panel of Drupal.
It recommended updating to 9.1.9 because of a security vulnerability 9.1.8 today.
However, there was none of auto core update.
Therefore, I tried to update it manually. It was my first Drupal core update with
update.php via a web browser instead of drush commands.
Besides, when drush is installed with Drupal, there is a way to update database with it:
Connect to the server via SSH.
Move to Drupal directory:
$ cd <drupal-dir>
It is able to check outdated packages beforehand:
$ composer outdated ... drupal/core 9.1.8 9.1.9 Drupal is an open source content man... ...
Then, update drupal/core + its dependencies only.
$ composer update drupal/core "drupal/core-*" --with-all-dependencies Loading composer repositories with package information Updating dependencies Lock file operations: 0 installs, 6 updates, 0 removals - Upgrading drupal/core (9.1.8 => 9.1.9) ...
Optionally (and maybe not being recommended), it's also able to update all:
$ #composer update
Next, if drush exists,
drush update is available.
But, in my case, it doesn't.
Alternatively, I opened
https://<fqdn>/update.php in my web browser, following the official documentation, Drupal - Updating Drupal core via Composer.
Said, "Drupal database update"!
Happily, there was nothing to do that time.
The status report became healthy again, saying "Up to date ✅"🙂