- It has zero dependencies.
- It is small. It's size is about 2KB.
- Webscript is much more capable than HTML.
- Webscript is a nicer syntax than Hyperscript.
- Webscript is more flexible and capable than HTML templating languages like HTM and lit-html.
- No need for a compiler or special tooling.
document.createElement, is terribly inelegant compared to HTML. It is true that HTML is a nice, succinct language for telling the browser what DOM elements to make. As a markup language, that's what it has to offer.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/mudgen