As the new Github Actions feature is rolling out worldwide, I wanted to take a minute and compile a short list of resources that will help you get started with Actions and take full advantage of extreme power that they bring.
Here are the resources that I recommend you check out when starting with Actions:
- Check The Action Bible, aka "Workflow Syntax" to look through the syntax of Actions: https://help.github.com/en/articles/workflow-syntax-for-github-actions
- Browse through the list of "Awesome Actions" to find some inspiration: https://github.com/sdras/awesome-actions
- When you want to use existing actions or find examples of Actions, check the Actions Marketplace: https://github.com/marketplace?utf8=%E2%9C%93&type=actions&query=
- If you're migrating actions from old syntax to new syntax: https://help.github.com/en/articles/migrating-github-actions-from-hcl-syntax-to-yaml-syntax
- To understand the events that trigger workflows: https://help.github.com/en/articles/events-that-trigger-workflows
Hope you find these resources useful, have fun, and stay active!