This is my self documentation from original docs here.
What is Jaeger?
Jaeger, inspired by Dapper and OpenZipkin, is a distributed tracing system released as open source by Uber Technologies.
State themselves as:
Monitor and troubleshoot transactions in complex distributed systems
The things that they address for the usages:
- distributed transaction monitoring
- performance and latency optimization
- root cause analysis
- service dependency analysis
- distributed context propagation
And also here is the features:
- OpenTracing with compatibility to Go, Java, Node, Python, C++ and C#.
- Uses data with individual per service/endpoint probabilities
- Multiple storage backends: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, memory.
- System topology graphs
Jaeger helps me with performance monitoring like:
- Response time for each endpoint
- Tracing error to which code break
- Find specific tag on each operation
Jaeger helps me to monitoring error, tracing error and monitoring performance.