In the past, I stumbled upon many interesting tools by investigating the development setups of other developers. Therefore, I thought I could also present you my setup.
I change up things sometimes, so this page will serve as a living document and a place to point curious developers to when I get asked.
- Visual Studio Code as editor
- Hyper as terminal including Oh My Zsh with avit theme and Roboto Mono for Powerline as font
- Firefox as my main browser
- Boostnote as my note-taking app. It is focused on markdown, snippets, and customization.
- Trello as my project management tool
- Any.do to manage my tasks across devices
- Enpass for password management
- Franz as messaging app
- Spotify for music streaming
I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) for development and a custom-built desktop PC for gaming.
Throughout the last year, I have worked part-time as a working student and also studied at the university. I was not the first and not the last one who has combined that during their studies, but the problem for me was, that at the end of the day I have felt absolutely exhausted mentally and physically. That caused problems with my health and motivation to continue working on my goals or anything. (yeah, “goals,” I wish I had something more specific at that time).