In this article will be showing you some nice extensions that you can incorporate in Visual Studio Code to boost your productivity and make Vs code a little bit better
You can watch the full video on Youtube
So what are we going to cover today:
- Some aesthetic extensions
- Some C# extensions
- Some Miscellaneous extensions
- Extra bits
cmd + shift + p ⇒ Color theme
- Winter is Coming Theme: (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=johnpapa.winteriscoming)
- Nord: (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=arcticicestudio.nord-visual-studio-code)
- Dracula Official: (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=dracula-theme.theme-dracula)
- Night Owl (My current Favourite): (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=sdras.night-owl)
cmd + shift + p ⇒ File icons theme
These icon pack will replace the default ones that comes with visual studio and makes it nicer to use. This will help you identify files way quicker
- vscode-icons: (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vscode-icons-team.vscode-icons)
- Material Theme Icons: (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Equinusocio.vsc-material-theme-icons)
- C# Visual Studio Code (powered by OmniSharp): This is the main extension that you will need for any C# development from console application to WebApi (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-dotnettools.csharp)
- C# Extensions: which will allow you to create classes and interfaces really quickly as well initialise constructor parameters (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=jchannon.csharpextensions)
- Auto-Using for C#: this nice extension will automatically include all of the using statements for the libraries and extension function that you might be using (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Fudge.auto-using)
Bracket Pair colorizer:
This will save you all the stress, when it comes to dealing with painful source code specifically spaghetti code.
Having this extension is a must. Auto close tag will save you a lot of headaches and will do some heavy lifting in tidying up the code,
What it does is automatically add the closing bracket of the opening tag you just added and then position the mouse cursor between the tags.
Thia color picker extension helps you to easily select colors within your CSS files. It will immediately be reflected or apply to the property that you are currently working on. It’s also available if you preferred to use RGBA colors.
Auto Rename Tag
Do you need to rename a tag, well your in luck. with Auto Rename Tag, you just need to rename either the opening or closing tag, and the other will be renamed automatically. Simple, but effective!
This extension is useful for viewing git log, file history and compare branches and commits
It helps you to visualise code authorship at a glance via Git blame annotations and code lens, seamlessly navigate and explore Git repositories, gain valuable insights via powerful comparison commands, and so much more.
Paste JSON as Code:
cmd + shift + p ⇒ set quick type language
cmd + shift + p ⇒ Open quick type for Json
this amazing extension will save alot of time when trying to convert your Json files into classes, it works with variety of languages and its a must have for any API development. (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=quicktype.quicktype)
Makes it easy to create, manage, and debug containerized applications.
Please let me know in the comments down below, whats your favourite extensions and the one you most use.