What is HTML All The Things?
HTML All The Things is a web development podcast and discord community which was started by Matt and Mike, developers based in Ontario, Canada.
The podcast speaks to web development topics as well as running a small business, self-employment and time management. You can join them for both their successes and their struggles as they try to manage expanding their Web Development business without stretching themselves too thin.
What's This One About?
Raising your prices as a freelancer, or web dev agency can be a challenging process. You have to weigh the possibility that some of your existing customers may leave for cheaper options, while trying to convince new customers that your pricing is worth it. This week we discuss how to raise your prices and how to justify them with the value your customer will receive from all the work you do.
Introduction | 00:02:06
- Project pricing seems to be all over the place, some people charge $200 for a job someone else claims they were paid $20,000 for
- Are people claiming such high rates lying?
- How valuable are the projects you're making?
Identifying Value | 00:03:59
- Is the customer established?
- Does the website perform a task for their business?
- Does the website have a substitute?
- Does the website have a dual-function?
- What is your value as an agency/freelancer (skillset, customer experience)?
What Does Value Mean for Your Invoice? | 00:33:20
- How does the value of your agency and the value of the project you're working on affect the invoice for your work? The Valuable Facets of a Web Project | 00:58:23
- The various areas of expertise that a web project encompasses such as: branding, marketing, design, data-entry, development, sales, and much more Cheap Clients | 01:13:10
- How to handle clients that refuse to pay more money even though they can, or ones that cannot afford the services that they're trying to commission
If you're enjoying the podcast consider giving us a review on Apple Podcasts or checking out our Patreon to get a shoutout on the podcast.
You can find us on all the podcast platforms out there as well as
Top comments (1)