Older posts can be found here.
- first full working release workflow after the Axway -> TiDev Inc. handover
- updated documentation
- many fixes in the build process (e.g. Windows issues, iOS error messages,...)
- upgrade to Gradle 7.4.2 (Java 17 support)
- Android 12 fixes for round borders
- lots of fixes for dark/light mode switching
- integration of the community PurgeTSS project (Tailwind class support for Titanium!)
- updated core modules: map, facebook, identity and many more.
And there is the new downloads.titaniumsdk.com/ page where you can find all releases and CI builds. If you want to test something new you can get a prebuild SDK there.
A couple of new features are already merged into the main branch:
- parity for ListView/TableView scrollToItem position top
- iOS: exclude directories from assets catalog
- some smaller bugfixes The PR queue is still pretty full with new features and there is a list of open tickets of all the other tidev repos that can be merged soon: ti.barcode udpates, ti.socketio v4 support,....
Titanium is already ready for the next big mobile versions. Android apps work fine on Android 13 already and some new properties (parity for
remoteNotificationsEnabled) will be included in a future Titanium SDK.
Have a look at Test iOS 16 & Xcode 14 support in Titanium for more infos and a timeline for iOS16 in Titanium.
Here are a few new modules:
https://github.com/m1ga/ti.codescanner - Based on the MLKit Google code scanner (Beta) you can use this module to make a simple QR/Barcode scanner inside your app that don't need any camera permission!
https://github.com/m1ga/titanium-mlkit-demo - Demo of the Titanium MLKit Android module. Include: QR/bacrode scanning (one shot or continuous), OCR/Text recognition, Basic pose detection
https://github.com/m1ga/ti.sslcheck - Titanium module to get infos about the SSL certificate.
https://github.com/m1ga/ti.print - Android printing module
https://github.com/m1ga/ti.bingmap - Bing maps for Android
https://github.com/mbender74/ti.inapppush - Send Push notifications from device or also simulator to an other device (app) P2P push over Apple Push Services, no own push server needed!
https://github.com/mbender74/ti.keyboard - this helps to hide any visible/active keyboard from anywhere for iOS and Android.
If you have feedback or some interesting Titanium apps, modules or widgets you would like to share: get in contact with me or leave a comment and I'll add it to the next