Hi fellow devs
I'd like to share two free online conferences that I am attending this month (October 2020). Both are around web dev - JAMStack specifically.
I've added context and links around the conference names, in case you need help understanding what the tech tools are and how to start using them.
What is Next.js Next.js is a React framework for speed, scaling and security.
It is made by the team at Vercel.
- 27 Oct
- Signup: https://nextjs.org/conf
- Homepage https://nextjs.org/ - "The React Framework"
- Visit https://nextjs.org/learn to get started with Next.js.
- Visit https://nextjs.org/docs to view the full documentation.
- GitHub: https://github.com/vercel/next.js
- Tutorial - Getting Started with Next.js for Jamstack Development
- GitHub: netlify-templates/next-starter-jamstack - a template project to quickly deploy a Next site for free on Netlify.
What is JAMStack? It is about about serving pre-rendered content. Fast, secure and no backend servers to manage.
JAM stands for:
See the jamstack.org homepage.
There are talks around topics like Vue, Gatsby and Netlify.
- 6 Oct 9 am - 4 pm PDT / 5pm - 1 am GMT
- Info: https://jamstackconf.com/virtual/
- Register: https://ti.to/netlify/jamstack_virtual_oct (fill in
1to free tickets and then click "Let's JAM" at the bottom).
It's a two-day conference. The first day is all free talks and networking.
The second day is paid workshops - you can signup for at most one. See list below.
- Getting Started with GatsbyJS
- Building Modern APIs with GraphQL
- Build a Better Build Plugin
- Building from Scratch with Nuxt.js
- Jamstack for E-Commerce