At the time of writing this post, I am still not done reading this special edition of 'Entwickler Magazin', featuring my favorite topic: CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment).
These are the points from that magazine that I noted for myself.
- One-team model: the Ops team is a subset, a part of Dev team
- Collaboration model: DevOps is achieved in the collaboration betwen Dev team and Ops Team.
- IAAS-model: infrastructure as a service.
- Atlassian Bamboo
CI tools: are to enable code components run together.
CD tools: are for automated tests and deployment.
Abstract: CI != CD
- Continuous integration: automated tests and analysis.
- Continuous delivery: delivery pipelines
- Feature toggles
- Zero downtime
- Blue Green Deployment:
- 2 complete Production environments
- Canary Development
- Secrets management, e.g. Vault:
- query via API - no clear/plain text leaves the vault.
- Security and compliance - especially for containerized microservices:
- container security
- interservice communication
// To be continued.