thanks for the article, that's a very cool idea!
Did you think about making it a bit more accessible by using a table or dl for the data? A little bit more data points would be necessary, but I think something like this would improve accessibility:
(don't look too detailed at the code, I just put together real quick)
I was also wondering if using aria-describedby would be appropriate here to make the connection between the svg and the data element, but I'm not sure about that.
Yes, absolutely — thank you for mentioning this. It's something that really should be a priority of any library that tries to implement these techniques. My initial focus was on figuring out whether or not this was a viable solution at all, but I've just opened an issue to address a11y github.com/Rich-Harris/pancake/iss...
We're a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
We strive for transparency and don't collect excess data.