Download VSCode, setup your fav terminal, install Chrome, have a decent internet.
- SASS, ES6 (and above)
- Prettier, ESLint (please learn to configure them)
- git (please learn the other commands)
- Webpack (just understand what it is & what it does)
- React, Vue or Svelte (Pick one)
- CSS in JS (Styled-components or emotion)
- Gatsby, Next or Nuxt, Gridsome (dunno about Svelte frameworks) (Please stop using CRA when your web app is meant to be used by the public)
- ZEIT now, Netlify & other static hosting cloud platforms
- Headless CMS like Contentful, Wordpress etc...
- Serverless functions
- PWA, AMP
⚠️ Avoid continuously jumping to hypes, keep coding more than talking
With everything above, you'll become a JAM stack engineer actually and you will able to build scalable web apps without the need to learn anything related to backend development, databases & Devops.
Paying those services costs less than paying a full engineering team.