So you have to keep your packages up to date, Why?
- Getting latest security fixes and patches.
- Getting new improvements - specially performance related.
- Getting new features and improvements that didn't exist before.
- Getting dependencies updated for your packages.
- Utilizing newer node.js , browser capabilities and v8 engine updates and releases.
Keeping up to date with project locally installed packages and globally installed packages become a challenge.
Keep your globally node.js npm packages up to date.
$ npm install -g npm-check # check global installed packages and display existing version, new version and link to changelog or website. $ npm-check -ug
Keep your node.js npm local project packages up to date.
$ npm install -g npm-check-updates # check locally project installed packages and updgrade packages.json $ ncu -u
Keep your types synced and up to date - one of my favorite time saving and productivity packages!
$ npm install -g typesync # check locally project installed packages and add or update all types needed. $ typesync
If you have any other useful ideas or suggestion to enhance productivity or keep your system up to date, I would love to hear it and share it, please feel free to leave it in the comment or @meabed
Happy coding 🤞