Kali Linux is geared for users who aim to meet the requirements of professional penetration testing and security auditing. It is completely free and has many amazing new features. Today, Kali Linux 2021.1 was released. You can upgrade an existing install or start a new install.
Several notable new items that I wanted to call out in this release are:
- Terminals - mate-terminal, terminator and tilix all had various work carried out on them
- Command Not Found - A helping hand to say if a program needs to be installed
- New tools & updates - Multiple new tools have been added to Kali and are ready for you
- Kali ARM - Preliminary support for Parallels on Apple Silicon (Apple M1) & Raspberry Pi 400
- New Kali website - You may have noticed a few things looking different
I have created a video to show you all of this awesome stuff together!
Video (14 mins)
Stay connected with me on social platforms for daily software development news.