I am officially a Senior Software Engineer!
Wanted to share this event with my Dev.To friends so here’s my LinkedIn post:
When I told my mom the news, she said [in Spanish]: “I will never be able to understand what you do for a living, but I am so proud and happy for you.” She never finished middle school, but with her continued motivation and support, she helped me graduate college. Being a first generation college graduate, getting this promotion is a big milestone for my family and I.
Thank you all so much for motivating me and cheering me on. Special shout out to those who have presented opportunities that have helped me thrive over these past 3.5 years as a software engineer:
- Ben Jones and the Worklete engineering team who treated me like a senior engineer since day one.
- Quincy Larson and all the members of freeCodeCamp for providing a community I can rely on.
- My PMs, Jenny Ma, Gianna Sen-Gupta, Justin Saeian for hyping me up and making me feel like a rockstar.
- Wyatt Peterson, Gonen Shoham, Chris Steele for guiding me to this next level at NerdWallet.
- My college friends Kevin Liu and Kirsten Armstrong for always looking out for me.
- My soon to be husband Nathan Kwan for providing me with unconditional love and support.
I am still in awe of how far I’ve come. It’s been quite a journey and this is just the beginning.
I was once just starting off.
I was once building my first web application.
I was once hoping to land my first software engineering role.
I will continue lifting others up as I advance in my career.
“Lift as You Climb”